Wednesday, May 4, 2016

4 Ingredient Dinner: Bacon Blue Cheese Sweet Potatoes

It was another one of those nights. I didn't get home until 8 PM and was faced with a semi-empty fridge. BUT that didn't stop me from trying a recipe I mentioned in my 5 Things I Learned in Women's Health post. 

All you need:
- Sweet Potato
- Green Apple
- Bacon
- Blue Cheese

The dish was simple yet satisfying. It combined a sweetness (potato) with a sourness (apple) with a saltiness (bacon) all mixed together with a pop of flavor (blue cheese). What more could you ask for?

I kept the side simple - mostly because I didn't have anything else but also because the main meal packs so much flavor I didn't want to compete. 

How did I make it? 
Simple. 

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and begin to cook bacon per package directions. (I prefer a baking pan lined with foil, a cookie rack resting on top, & bacon laid right on the rack.)
2. Pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork and microwave in a microwavable safe dish for 4 minutes per potato. 
3. While bacon & sweet potatoes are cooking, finely chop 1/2 a green apple into small squares. 
4. Remove sweet potatoes from microwave and scoop out in the insides. Combine sweet potato mash with green apple slices and cooked, sliced bacon. 
5. Refill potato skins with mixture & place back in the oven for approximately 15 minutes. 
6. Sprinkle potatoes with blue cheese. 



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment