Sunday, April 17, 2016

What Suits Your Style?

Today was a very special day. It was the first day of the season I braved the paleness that is my skin, pulled on a swimsuit and took full advantage of the first truly warm sun of spring. Though my apartment doesn't have a pool, I am lucky enough to have a ton of friends that are sweet enough to let me use theirs. Now that it is socially acceptable to put on a suit, it has me dreaming of new swimwear for the season. With a Kiawah vacation in May, plenty of weekends at Figure 8, and endless Saturdays spent poolside to look forward to - how could I not? Check out some of my favorite staples, wishlist items, and trending suits!

If you ever see me in a suit, theres about an 80% chance it will be this one. L*Space swimwear is just about as comfortable as it gets & the fit is too flattering. It provides support and style where most bathing suits you have to sacrifice one for the other.



I am also digging this Pools & Palms Platinum Top by L*Space. Currently crushing but can't justify the splurge. Le Sigh. 



I started dreaming about this warmer weather in March - hence the request for a bathing suit for my birthday. Although I haven't seen it yet (I get it this weekend when I visit my parents at home) I asked for Ripcurl's Palm Island Hipster & Mirage Revo Bralette. I can't wait to see them in person as I have never had a Ripcurl bathing suit before. 






My roommate also just ordered Ripcurl's Luna Lux High Neck Halter. It was super flattering on her, so if you don't mind the tan lines and are shooting for a unique look I highly recommend it. 



To this day my favorite swimsuit bottoms are from Old Navy. I got them during their after season clearance for $4.00. And no, that isn't the only reason I love them so much. They truly fit my proportions the best. I love their Scalloped Bikini Bottoms they have this season. 



Something about mixing and matching bikini bottoms & tops is so cool to me. It so much more trendy & unexpected than the duos merchandised in store to buy together. That is why I always seem to buy my tops & bottoms separately. That's why I love the brand Maaji so much. Most of their bottoms are reversible so you're really getting 2 looks in 1. I love these Lavender Timbers so much. The colors would look great on a range of skin tones & pair nicely with a ton of different tops.




Maaji's tops are super fun too - like this Rosewood Art 4 Life top. 




With all the palm fronds going around this spring, it doesnt surprise me that the trend is following in ready to wear's footsteps and taking off into swimwear as well. Currently craving this Roxy Jungle Fever Bikini for spring. Might be investing in this one sooner rather than later. 



If you're on a budget, Target always has some cute suits. They tend to keep in line with the current designs in the market place at a much more affordable price. Keep in mind though, I have noticed that my target choices never last as long as my higher end picks. Though it might be obvious, swimwear is definitely more noticeable. At just $15.00-$20.00, its worth the seasonal purchase. Right now, I love their Strappy Front Bralette and Marimekko for Target Citrus Bottoms



Which is your favorite?



No comments:

Post a Comment