Thursday, April 28, 2016

Making a Statement

Some girls can never get enough shoes. Some like their handbags. My kryptonite is a bold necklace. There's nothing that completes an outfit better than a statement around your neck. I want to share some of my favorites and a few on my wishlist. 



My friends make fun of me for wearing this necklace too much, but I am so obsessed with it that it doesn't even bother me. It was one of those purchases that I impulsively bought because I loved it so much, never thinking that I would get as much wear out of it as I have. Akola necklaces have the most inspiring story behind them too so it is a no guilt purchase. I bought mine about 3 years ago now but there is a similar one here



If you haven't noticed by now, the layering trend goes a lot farther than just your clothes. I have been wearing this layered necklace trio on repeat lately. It adds the most interesting dynamic to a plain tee and radiates a coolness that screams "I just threw this together." The actual multi-strand necklace is an H&M piece. Both the short bar necklace & long pendant necklace are by a chic jewelry line called Gorjana. My mom surprised me with these last time she came to visit. I definitely want one of their rings next. You can never go wrong with some simple gold jewelry.



I bought this necklace when I was a sophomore in high school (6 years ago...talk about whoa) and am still wearing it. Something about the bright color & beads make it seem so spring/summer to me. It provides the perfect amount of pop to a darker dress as we transition into warmer temperatures. Thought I don't know who makes this particular necklace, I found a similar ones here & here


Finally, I wanted to share one of my favorite Christmas purchases. After I saw this necklace at Boem, one of my favorite boutiques in Charlotte, I knew I had to have it. At only $32.00 I considered it a steal & couldn't wait to unwrap it under the tree. The best part about this necklace is that it is so light. Sometimes statement necklaces end up pulling at your neck, so it's always important to consider weight when purchasing. 

I can't wait to attend Scoopcharlotte.com's Jewelry Showcase at the Duke Mansion this Tuesday. I have my eye on this Melvin piece & cannot wait to see it in person. I have a feeling it will probably be coming home with me in one color or another. 


I am also obsessing over this Hyla Dewitt necklace. I love all of her pieces & can't wait to get my hands on one someday. It has already made it on my Christmas list for this year. 


I also couldn't blog about necklaces without showing off one of my good friend's lines! I work with Taylor at Belk and she has such a talent for creating such unique yet on trend pieces. I am lucky enough to have one of her Layla necklaces that I constantly have on repeat for NCSU games. On her site right now, I am currently obsessing over this Wood Link necklace and her versatile, wear-both-ways Revman Necklace. Oh, and check out Taylor's oh-so-fashionable blog, Reese's Hardware, while you're at it!

Layla Necklace

Wood Link Necklace

Revman Necklace

What necklaces are you craving?





No comments:

Post a Comment