Monday, April 25, 2016

Weekend Recap

You would think that now I am blogging regularly I would remember to capture my best memories through my camera lens. Sadly that is not the case, so I apologize in advance for the poorly reacapped weekend based on everyone else's photos but mine!

I spent Saturday morning delivering birthday presents to my brother & my oldest niece, Holland. I was so excited when she opened her gift and immediately wanted to try it out! I highly recommend this mermaid tail blanket. It is 100% four-year-old girl approved and if you don't believe me, just take a look at these smiles.




Saturday afternoon was spent enjoying the sunshine (and quick sprinkle showers) downtown Raleigh at Brewgaloo. There were over 100 breweries that tented up down Fayetteville Street. We each bought 25 tickets for $25.00 which bought us a tasting with each ticket or a full glass with five. I am always excited to try new beer but my favorite by far was from White Street Brewing

I also had the chance to catch up with a few friends still living in Raleigh. It's always so nice being able to talk with you best friends in person - even if just for a couple of minutes. 



Wearing: H.I.P. Blouse (only $7.49 right now!) Hudson Cutoff Shorts (old, but similar here) & Tory Burch Sandals (old, but similar here)

Sunday morning was so beautiful I couldn't resist a walk at one of my favorite loops in Raleigh. I used to run Johnson Lake multiple times a week while I was at NCSU. So I took the opportunity to introduce the serene, three mile loop to my dad and his new pup, Beasley. She did so well for a puppy & got plenty of attention from new friends along the way. 


Sunday afternoon my mom hosted a cookout as a goodbye to my favorite uncle as he moves to Kansas City to be with his fiancee. I was excited that everyone was able to gather together in his honor. We celebrated with a to-die-for cookout with the most delicious burgers & brats from The Butcher's Market in Cary. To accompany the meat, my mom whipped up homemade potato salad, a fruit salad, and a simple yet delicious side salad. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. 



I will miss Uncle Derek's gregarious stories, unconditional smiles, and next-to-nothing work ethic. 


 It was also nice to get to spend some time with my brother before his 32nd birthday today. It's special when your family members are your best friends. I am missing them already!

Wearing: Joy Joy Blouse, avaliable at Scout & Molly's & H&M Multi Strand Necklace

The refreshing weekend made this morning much easier. With a little extra pep in my step, I am one day closer to next weekend & kicking this stressful work week's behind. 

In honor of this past weekend's excursion home...





No comments:

Post a Comment