Monday, February 15, 2016

Thoughts

Here's what's on my mind recently. . . 

1. Friends

I have always been one of those people who recognizes that true friendships are so much more significant and fulfilling than multiple friendships. I have been so blessed to have been surrounded by my childhood friends, college friends, and new, Charlotte friends each and every weekend. I think the Lord placed everyone here for a reason. Because I have a job that I let continuously place unnecessary stress on myself, I am beyond blessed to have such a strong support system within the same city. The girls that live here have been second to none in making Charlotte feel as homey as it possibly could have. I don't know what I would do without their genuinely loving friendships.





2. Easy Dinners

When you work all day, head straight to the gym afterwards, and then come home to face the pantry, the last thing you want to do is follow an extensive recipe. I have learned the value of easy, yummy, AND healthy meals more than ever this year. A few from the last week include:

BBQ Rubbed Rex Fish - pan seared for 3 min each side, then baked for 12 minutes
Grapefruit, Walnut, Feta & Arugala Salad
Roasted Baby Potatoes (broil the last 2 minutes)



Ladyfingers Chicken Pot Pie - Defrosted & Baked for 1 hour
Steamed Peas & Carrots
Mixed Green Salad with French Vinaigrette


Sesame Ginger Salmon
Whole Grain Rice
Brocollini



3. Flowers

My boss brought us flowers last week as a sweet Valentine's surprise. I forgot how much of an effect they can have on your mood. Lately I have been dragging my butt to work dreading each and every day. As much as I hate to admit that, I think that coming to terms with how you're really feeling rather than trying to pretend or fake otherwise is a relief. When the fresh, red tulips arrived at my desk it was an instant mood booster and reminded me of the simple things each and every time I looked away from my computer. Because of this, I stopped by Whole Foods on my way home form work tonight to pick up some fresh tulips for my roommate for her 23rd birthday tomorrow. I am hoping she gets as much joy out of them as I got out of mine!




4. Tea

I never drink tea. Well, let me correct that statement...I used to never drink tea. Until I was introduced to Liquid Planet's South African Sunset Tea. I had no idea that tea had the same energizing effect that coffee provides. And something about hot tea in a warm mug warms your heart as much as it does your hands. Definitely planning on restocking - only $9.99 for a 15 count pack!



5. Running

Can the cold weather disappear already? It seems as if winter is slowly shifting later and later, creeping into Spring's bubble. I miss running outside in the warming weather and can't wait for this weekend to test drive the sixties. As it starts to get prettier outside, I really want to find another half marathon to run. I'm thinking about either the Asheville Half Marathon & 10K in June or the High Country Half Marathon in Boone, NC in July. Though hilly, the course would be beautiful and the perfect weather. Thoughts?




No comments:

Post a Comment