Tuesday, February 23, 2016

3 Ingredient Dinner

I was wandering around Trader Joe's one busy, Sunday afternoon inch by inch (yes, it was that busy) when I smelled something wonderful. I immediately made my way to their tasting station expecting to sample some elaborately made meal I would never be able to duplicate. What I found has become a staple in my dinner rotation. 

What You'll Need:
Trader Joe's Quinoa Duo (in the frozen section)
Arugala
Dried Cranberries
Balsalmic Vinegar & Olive Oil



That's it. You don't even need a recipe. Simply microwave the quinoa, zucchini, and squash blend for 7 minutes, mix in the cranberries, and spoon it atop a bed of fresh arugula. Though Trader Joe's served it dry, I added a drizzle of olive oil & balsamic vinegar on mine for a little moisture and haven't looked back. 

The meal is fresh, healthy, and most importantly quick for those nights when you get home later than expected. So late that it's an "eat from your living room chair rather than at the kitchen table" kind of night. 

Bon Appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment