Monday, November 30, 2015

Weekend Recap

I'm baaaaaaack! I thought I would continue the blogging from Raleigh but once I arrived and started to spend time with my family, I figured the computer time could wait until I wasn't lucky enough to have the time to hang out with them. What a whirlwind of a break - I don't even know where to begin!

Wednesday I took a half day and headed back home to Raleigh via NC 49 and 64. These are two roads I had never taken before but am so glad that I did. Something about the two small country lanes, leaves melting from yellow to oranges, and numerous high school football fields I could almost feel crowded each fall Friday night made the drive so "Thanksgiving." You know what I mean - the adjective used to describe the small wonders that really take your breath away and force you to take a step back and appreciate the wonders around you. 

I wore the French Connection dress I bought the other weekend to work that Wednesday. I was really pleased with the way the outfit turned out despite the concern over the shorter dress and highly recommend the purchase! Such a good, comfortable fall staple that I am sure will be on repeat.


For the past 6 or 7 years, my dad and I have started Thanksgiving morning bright and early with the annual Ridgewood Turkey Trot in Raleigh benefitting the MS Society. It is a cause near and dear to our hearts as my dad lost his mother to the disease years ago. It is a way to be thankful not only for the time we had with her but to appreciate the fact that we are ABLE to get up and RUN! What more could we ask for than some "good for you" exercise with those we love? The past two years have been extra special as Hayden has joined us for the 8k race!


Unfortunately, I was so busy helping my mom prep and plate Thanksgiving dinner and mingling with family I had not seen since the previous Easter gathering, it completely slipped my mind to snap any pictures. Don't you hate it when some of the most special moments are missed? But then again, it makes the memory that much sweeter!

I headed to Crabtree Valley Mall early Friday morning to check on my brand's counters at Belk and talk to the Beauty Advisors to see just how crazy it was the night before. Though I missed the madness, I heard the foot traffic was lacking this year. I guess that is attributed to those getting smart and avoiding the crowds preferring to click and save rather than face the unbearably long lines. 

I did manage to find a few good deals in between working most of the day. Here is what I walked away with on Black Friday:

My absolute FAVORITE bra was only $17.00 so I couldn't resist! I highly recommend it for its support and flirty lace details. 

I have been looking for a good staple flannel so when I saw that Madewell sale was an extra 30% off I pounced on this one! Originally $85, I got it for $28 and immediately wore it this weekend. Tempted to get another color!


Ok, so I didn't buy this. But I definitely was tempted! At only $75.00 this would make a GREAT gift for any friend who loves beauty products. It gives you a little taste of Sephora's best sellers. And the sheer VALUE of this purchase makes this worth the buck.

Saturday was spent cheering on the Wolfpack! Though NC State fans were forced to sit through a devastating loss to their biggest rival, I could not have asked for a prettier day to spend with some of my best college friends! 

(please ignore the slouching!)

Sunday was spent cherishing the last few moments before heading "back to reality." I spent the morning at my parent's church. I accredit everything I know about the Lord to the small, southern Baptist chapel & more importantly those that watched me grow in it. Though it is small, it is perfect and there's always something so welcoming and special about returning. 

We enjoyed a "leftovers lunch" with my parents, brother, sister-in-law, and nieces before loading the car to head back to Charlotte. Again, I completely dropped the ball on pictures. I don't even know how I didn't get any pictures as my nieces were so preciously dressed from church I can't image missing the photo op. 

Now it's Monday and I am already counting down the 19 days until I get to return for a small Christmas vacation! In the mean time, I will be busy at the office, bouncing from Christmas party to Christmas party and wrapping my carefully thought out gifts. I can't wait to embrace the spirit of the holiday enjoying every little thing that accompanies it. From my first Christmas tree to the endless Christmas music, I fully plan on making the most of each and every second!


Thoughts for the week:


No comments:

Post a Comment