Sunday, March 6, 2016

It All Sucks Until It's Ok Again

So this was supposed to be a "Weekend Recap." One talking about my fantastic weekend spent home with my parents that turned into a productive Sunday evening of cleaning out my closet. However, things took a turn for the worst when I was turning around on a side street after realizing I was headed the wrong way to the Goodwill drop off. I pulled out thinking the oncoming car was turning right on the street I was exiting (their blinker was on) and I bumped right smack into the back right side of their car. So now I am hiding in a Panera booth by myself crying about how everything seems to be going wrong recently. 

Nothing is helping. I called my parents who were totally cool with it since I am in one piece. Called my boyfriend who tried to make me feel better by saying their blinker shouldn't have been on. and even googled in desperation "what does the Bible say about 'why me'?"

The Bible verses didn't even apply. It frustrated me even more. They were all about death, coping with serious health issues, poverty, and complete desertion. Well if it hasn't hit you already this is about when it hit me. Why the heck am I sitting here crying over a mistake that sure, will cost a pretty penny, but thank the good LORD didn't cause any physical harm? One that didn't leave anyone I love in danger. One that won't leave me so desolate that I would have felt guilty treating myself to my favorite meal immediately after it happened?

"Things" could always be so much worse. Sure, you're allowed to mope and feel bad for yourself and ask "why me?" but in that there is where you should find the realization that THIS IS LIFE, MAN. Shitty things happen every day. Even to those people who are the happiest ones you know - you know the acquaintances I am talking about, the ones you want to be more like because they radiate joy with every thought. It's how they roll with the punches that make them the coolest ones to be around. Hate to break it to you but they have the same sucky days as you they just have a much better perspective about it. They get it. Your life is going to happen whether you want it to or not. Every detail in it is already planned out. And if you aren't ok with that - take a minute to remind yourself who you're offending. . .

So roll with it. Instead of being the mopey bitch who's pissed at the world because she just slammed into someone inconveniently, be the one who's genuinely concerned with the health of those involved and who puts forth the effort to do whatever she can to make it right. After all, in everything you do let your light shine before others so that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. 


No comments:

Post a Comment